Ties have been worn since the 17th century, yet somehow, many people still have not mastered the art of tying the tie. While there are a variety of ways to tie your knitted tie, we are going to focus on a simple and standard knot that you will be able to master with ease.
Let's take a look at these simple steps so you can tie like a pro.
1. Lift your shirt collar and drape your knit tie over your shoulders.
2. Have the tie facing out with the left side hanging on one side of your chest and the right side on the other side of your chest with the left side hanging lower than the right side.
3. Bring the left side of the tie over the right side and then repeat.
4. Pull the longer left side up and in between your shirt and the loop around your neck.
5. Put the longer left side in between the loop that you created and pull it down, adjusting it accordingly.
There are many situations where you should wear a tie. These simple steps will ensure that you are ready whenever the time comes.